Sunday, June 04, 2006

Adam Stiff - Head Construction 3

Lesson 1, with a little bit of 6 mixed in

Finally took some time to draw some stuff today. Here's my last attempt to copy Preston's bulldog. I made the eyes ginormous:





So everything surrounding the eyes was out of place.

Then I tried to apply what I learned about the construction of this face to a couple of different poses; I didn't do more because I thought that many other poses were really similar to ones I had already done, or dead-on positions that would have resulted in nothing but a chin, or the top of a nose and eyebrows. If this was stupid of me, let me know, and I'll do more. Anyway, I tried to make sure that I was applying the sticky-outy principles John and Katie were talking about. In that much, I think I was fairly successful, and it seems as though I was able to maintain a fairly consistent construction, but I'm probably a little biased (any feedback is still welcome). It's hard to measure without any reference. Anyway, here they are:


Next time I'll probably venture on to page 2.

ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive Project Blog: Meta: The $100,000 Animation Drawing Course- Lesson 1

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig D said...

Hey, Stiff! I followed your link from John K's blog and I can't tell you how excited I am to find someone who is still grinding away at the first lesson (as am I!)

I must say, you've managed to make some structural sense out of the black area around the bulldog's eyes. I'm inspired to go back and try it this way! I had the same initial problems with drawing the head too skinny, as well.

I'll revisit some of these things and post 'em at my blog.

Keep it up!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home